Friday, April 18, 2008

T4G 08 - Together for the Gospel


I just came back yesterday from a wonderful time of Worship, Fellowship, and pure learning.

I was able to listen to some of the Greatest minds who are currently living in regards to sound Biblical teaching. Sometimes this group of men are referred to as what one friend termed as the "Superfriends". The teachers consisted of R.C. Sproul - who by the way is part of Ligonier Ministries. My first reformed type conference was at Ligonier Ministries two years ago when my friend Allen Barnes invited me with a general calling of friends. He put out a blanket email to all of his friends and God used that to start a re-awakening or maybe better wording would be "put my truth in sharper focus to do His great work". I am just a tad off subject...... Other teachers included John MacArthur, whose ministry Grace To You (GTY) has been an inspiration to me because a few years ago I was seeking out strong reformed preaching but couldn't find it locally for a long time. So John and I became fast friends. I should say myself and his website became fast friends. Also teaching was: Ligon Duncan, Al Mohler - President of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, CJ Mahaney - Sovereign Grace Ministries, and finally one of my all time hero's in the faith John Piper from Bethlehem Baptist in the twin cities and the person responsible for Desiring God. He is the man that makes me sit up and listen like a school child as he teaches from scripture. He inspires me to preach and inspires me to act on that desire. Not many men in my life have done that, he is one of the few.

Mind you I love each and everyone of these men who taught this week, but for some reason one or two inspire me much more than the others. God works that differently for all of us. I remember as one of the men finished up preaching one of my friends told me how moved he was by the message...and I thought to myself...hmmm ok. I didn't feel the way he did, but it sure did happen to me with John Piper's message. God is awesome.

T4G will be held again in 2010 and I plan on being a part of it. Next year our conference choice is still up in the air, but I'm leaning towards Ligonier with my friends from Nashville. We will see what God plans for all of us. I can't wait to see his work.

No comments: