Friday, April 18, 2008

Tim Challies


At the T4G conference I was able to meet a person I highly respect as a blogger and writer. Most important however, is the fact that he has inspired me to write, which I am grateful for. I don't know him through any other means than through his blog, but he has been both kind and gracious to me. I also have a proof pic, LOL if you look Allen is to the left, Tim is then in the center and then you find me to the right. You can also find Tim's blog here. Please take a look at it.

Tim Challies has been to a couple of conferences that I have attended to include T4G 08 and Ligonier last year. It was only a few months prior to Ligonier last year that I happened to find his blog online. I don't even remember where or how I was linked up to it. But, I did find it and I have enjoyed his posts. They are always interesting and insightful. I was also able to find many other bloggers that I enjoyed reading from his "King of the week" postings. He also has a enjoyable sidebar column called "A LA CARTE" which also contains interesting posts, and oddball type articles.

Tim has been very gracious to me both times that I met him (T4G 08 and Ligonier)and the many times we have corresponded via email. I wanted him too initially put together a website for me so I could blog, but through much prayer and consultation with my wife I decided to use Blogspot until I was sure I wanted to write and that it wasn't just a phase. Tim again was gracious and encouraging. He said that I was on the right track by starting out with Blogspot, and it would be a good way to ensure I wanted to blog.

So Tim, I want to thank you for your advice and your willingness to help out. But, most importantly for your kindness. It is easy to get "big headed" with the popularity of your blog, but you seem to keep it all in stride. I remember talking to you about writing for myself, and you mentioned that you, like me, write for yourself. Please, keep writing for yourself, I think that is the reason you are being so successful. May God continue to use you for the glory of His kingdom. Thanks again, and I look forward to seeing you at the next conference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that a halo around Tim's head?