Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Little Beauty



I'm sitting here at work and decided to take a fifteen minute break. I'm downstairs in my office trying to work, but all I hear is my young daughter Chloe screaming. It brings me back to the year 2001 when my son Benjamin was born. I was so unprepared for what it took to raise a baby, or even to bring a baby home. They scream a lot. Why didn't someone tell me this? I remember reading an article where an author stated something to the effect that we need drivers licenses to drive, but need nothing to have babies. Wow, I could have used a baby license for Benjamin. But, never the less he prepared me for his sister, so I got all my MISTAKES out on him. I remember asking my wife everyday if something that he was doing was normal. I was clueless. I'm still clueless, but not as bad. I listen to the screaming now and find it rather interesting. I, like my wife, but not quite as good as her can tell what the different cry's mean, or what she is wanting. I can tell from this cry she is wanting attention. I feel vindicated in this because I can still hear my wife walking around, yet Chloe has stopped screaming. I need to make sure that I give Benjamin much more credit for his help. He truly prepared me for bringing a precious little girl home, crying and all. I thank God for these two gems in my life and I thank him daily. My prayer for them is that God will use them to his glory, and I pray that another Christian family somewhere is raising up a boy and a girl right now to pair up with these two someday (in the far future). May God find glory in our family and in these two young lives.

1 comment:

John said...

So, you really got "ALL" of your mistakes out of the way with Benjamin?! Just pickin' at ya bro!