Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Religion of Peace Strikes again.

This is what makes me mad about the followers of Islam. Fox News is reporting that a man in Afghanistan downloaded a paper that supposedly condemns the religion of Islam. This man even supposedly admitted his error and asked for forgiveness. However, a panel of three judges found him guilty and he is sentenced to die for his crime.

Now this aggravates me on two fronts. One, isn't this the country where our men and women are dying trying to give them freedom. We just liberated them from the Taliban and this is what they turn too. Second, isn't this the religion of peace, shouldn't any peaceful religion ask their people to hold their faith up to scrutiny. Check and test the faith to ensure it is true. Maybe I'm blinded because I claim Christianity, but that is what we should do in any faith. I challenge you to hold Christ up to scrutiny, test the faith, test his witness, test who he says he is. I have no fear in your findings. Is it that our Muslim brothers are worried about what they might find out. Will Islam not hold up to spiritual or even historical scrutiny. I don't know what the findings will be. I do know I have no fears with Christ and who he is and what you would find.

My Muslim brothers who may read this, can't you see the problem here. Where is your outcry for this person. Where is your compassion for him as a fellow human. Scream from the roofs how wrong this is, especially if you have any compassion for your fellow believers. I don't desire to challenge you on your faith or what you believe, but your brothers and sisters should be able to seek the truth and they should be able to seek it without a death sentence hanging over them.

I'd like to finish by saying that I'm a pretty reasonable person. I understand the culture; I spent 15 months in Saudi Arabia at the U.S. Consulate in Dhahran on Embassy duty, so I can relate to the religion and the people. But, I find this sentence scary, and I find the lack of any outcry on the Moderate Muslims even more scary. You can read the article here.

No comments: