Monday, January 7, 2008

A new level for me

This is officially my first post so I would like to explain or outline why i'm doing this blog and what I intend to gain from it.




First, all that I do is for the glory of God. I imagine one day Christ in all his glory taking his church home. The title of the blog is a play on words. Reformed plays on the "Reformation". Some like to call it Calvinism, but I prefer the title "Reformed Faith". God is the giver of my salvation, through his Grace I'm saved. Nothing I can do, will do, or can ever do will save me. Reformed also plays out on my past. I am reformed from what I was. I was a boy that thought I was a man and lived my life in a manner that did not come close to glorifying God. I was a tramp and I hurt many people in the way I lived my life. So Reformed in the title takes a play on words, twice.




Second, this blog is for my family. I dedicate this blog to them. They are why I work so hard. I want to make their lives better. Through my children I see what I always wanted when I was a kid. I don't try to live my life through them, but I strive to have them live a better life than I did prior to my conversion. I want to be the father that is there for them, the dad that can pick up a football and throw it at 40 years old, the father that can pick up a video game controller and at least have the image of being good, and I want to be the father that can discipline my children, but also let them know how much I love them and that the discipline is a reflection of my love. I will be a good father and a good husband. I pray that in the company of other women, my wife will be proud of me while speaking of me. I'm not perfect, just ask her, but I do try.




Country is the third reason. I love my country, i'm proud to be an American. I am a baseball game, apple pie, and American patriot at heart. I spent 8 years in the United States Marine Corps, which to me is putting my talk into action. I worked as a Police Officer and learned that not all American's see America as I do. I still believe it is a place to live your dreams out. A place where Rockefeller's are still made. Hard work pay's off. I have been all around this world and I have not seen a place that comes close to what we have here in the good ole' United States. I am proud to claim my United States Citizenship, and would not replace it no matter who becomes President, which brings me to another reason for this blog.




Politics are one of those subjects that you are never to bring up at parties. I plan to bring it up in this blog because my political beliefs help define who I am. I have utopian dreams, however my faith as mentioned before guarantee's utopia for me. Through politics we can make the best possible country where all people can get off their butts, work hard, and with that, live to a standard that demonstrates to the world that in our country, hard work still matters and it will get you ahead. I promise you, hard work pays off. I am someone that would allign more to the Conservative Republicans in this country. However, I do support many social programs. How could someone truly believe in Christ but yet not support programs that help those without the capability to truly help themselves. It would be shameful, and we owe it to our brothers and sisters in Christ, whether they believe or don't believe in "our Father in Heaven". Like the song from High School Musical, "WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER".




Sports are breakers of barriers to include social, religion, race, and etc.... I love sports. I love playing sports; well the one's that any 39 year old male can still play. I have a great affinity for the University of Michigan Football team. I do support my hometown Vols, but I am true Blue, right down to my vanity license plate (OSUHATER). I'll let you figure that one out. I love the Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and the Detroit Red Wings. Can you tell which city/state I grew up in. I will blog on many national, regional, and local sports occasionally, but I will definetly blog on University of Michigan Football as the stories come in.




I intend to gain a better understanding of who I am, what I'm here on earth for, and why I am who I am. I don't do this with grand illusions of becoming some famous writer (which anyone can see by looking at my sentence structure and limited writing ability). I don't do this to be some famous blogger, or to get rich. (LOL) I do this for me , to find out more about me. However as I stated earlier, I plan to Glorify him who created me in how I carry myself as a blogger and as who I am.




May you enjoy what you read, and may I be able to inform others about Faith, Family, Politics, and Sports.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please know that your wife is proud of you and the man that you have become! I thank God often for you! My prayer is to honor you more!
Love,
Your Wife